- Adult Skin Problems Slideshow Pictures
- Ringworm Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Gallery of Skin Problems Pictures
- Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Describe Your Experience
- Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Symptoms and Signs
- Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Diagnosis
- Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Treatment
- Patient Comments: Lichen Planus - Prognosis
- Find a local Dermatologist in your town
- Lichen planus facts
- What is lichen planus?
- What are causes and risk factors for lichen planus?
- How is the rash of lichen planus different from that of most other common rashes?
- What are lichen planus symptoms and signs?
- What does lichen planus look like?
- What physicians diagnose and treat lichen planus?
- How is lichen planus diagnosed?
- Are there home remedies for lichen planus?
- What is the treatment for lichen planus?
- What is the long-term prognosis of lichen planus??
- Is it possible to prevent lichen planus?
Quick GuideSkin & Health Pictures Slideshow: What Your Skin Says About Your Health
What is the long-term prognosis of lichen planus??
Lichen planus usually goes away by itself in time. Some drugs can produce rashes that are similar in appearance to lichen planus. These rashes can be distinguished from lichen planus in that they go away when the offending drug is stopped.
Is it possible to prevent lichen planus?
Since the cause of lichen planus is unknown, there are no reliable options to prevent it.
Le Cleach, Laurence, and Olivier Chosidow. “Lichen Planus.” The New England Journal of Medicine 366 (2012): 723-732.
Lehman, J.S. "Lichen Planus." International Journal of Dermatology 48.7 (2009): 682-694.
"Lichen Planus." DermNet NZ. Aug. 30, 2011. <http://dermnetnz.org/scaly/lichen-planus.html>.
Sharma, Amit, et al. "Lichen Planus: An Update and Review." Pediatric Dermatology 90 July 2012: 17-23.