- Take the Kidney Disease Quiz
- Kidney Stones Slideshow Pictures
- High Blood Pressure Slideshow Pictures
- What is levocarnitine-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for levocarnitine-oral?
- Is levocarnitine-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for levocarnitine-oral?
- What are the side effects of levocarnitine-oral?
- What is the dosage for levocarnitine-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with levocarnitine-oral?
- Is levocarnitine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about levocarnitine-oral?
What is the dosage for levocarnitine-oral?
Which drugs or supplements interact with levocarnitine-oral?
Combining levocarnitine and warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) may increase the risk of bleeding by an unknown mechanism. If these drugs must be combined, the effect of warfarin treatment must be closely monitored and the dosage must be adjusted accordingly.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.