Patient Comments: Legionnaires' Disease - Causes

How did you or someone you know contract Legionnaires' disease? Please share your experience.

Comment from: raven52, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

The steps from my backyard to the basement door were covered in fungus and algae. I decided to scrape it all off and clean it up and I ended up with Legionnaires' disease. I ended up in the hospital for three days with pneumonia. I needed lots of tests to arrive at the diagnosis. I was given intravenous antibiotics as well as a lot of fluids. I continued taking oral antibiotics at home. It took me a long time to recover.

Legionnaires' Disease - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with Legionnaires' disease in you, a friend, or relative?
Legionnaires' Disease - Diagnosis Question: What were the events, tests, or exams that led to a diagnosis of Legionnaires' disease?
Legionnaires' Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, did you or someone you know receive for Legionnaires' disease?