Patient Comments: LASIK Eye Surgery - Experience

Please describe your recovery after LASIK eye surgery.

Comment from: Gina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I had Lasik eye surgery at age 45. I wore thick glasses since age 6. I wore contacts with no problems. I was quite traumatized by the procedure, though all went well. I didn"t sleep a wink for 2 days. (I was not given any kind of oral sedative pre-operation, just lots of eye drops.) One eye was under-corrected to allow for close focus. That weaker eye did not take well to the Lasik. I got a detached retina a year later, other problems since then. Now I have swelling in the retina. I have been on drops over a year. It got better, then worse. The other eye is doing well. I would not have Lasik, if I could do it again.

Comment from: manish, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

I got LASIK done and I have lost most of the vision post LASIK. I am as good as a blind person with light sensitivity, glare, halos and star bursts. And I have been gifted with contrast loss and dry eye. I was not checked properly before the surgery and the LASIK itself was a disaster; other surgeons say that my measurements and procedure was not correct. And these issues seem permanent.

Comment from: Doug, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

I had custom Lasik a year and a half ago. I needed eyedrops for about the first two months about twice a day. After that, I have only needed drops after being in windy situations. On my one day checkup, I was testing at 20/10 vision in both eyes. At my six month as well as my one year checkup, I was at 20/15, and from what I can tell, it hasn't changed at all. I don't really need eyedrops anymore, and the only problem I am experiencing is that I need to wear sunglasses now and I didn't before the surgery, because every light seems brighter now. I had worn glasses since I was 7 and got the surgery when I 30. It was quite awesome to not be wearing corrective lenses after 23 years.

Comment from: cathy, 45-54 Female Published: June 18

I had Lasik eye surgery five months ago. Since the surgery I have had blurred vision especially at night like every light looks like a Ferris wheel. So that means no driving at night. I have had my eye enhanced six different times. The eye surgeon says I have dry eye caused by my tear duct too big. He has closed it up or made it smaller 3 times, and it's still not better. It is very frustrating I have a night time gel and drops in the day causing post nasal in my throat.

Lasik Eye Surgery - Preparation Question: Please describe how you prepared for LASIK eye surgery.
LASIK Eye Sugery - Test and Evaluation Question: Please describe your experience with your LASIK eye evaluation.