LASIK Eye Surgery Index
LASIK (laser in situ keratomileusis) is a procedure in which a laser is used beneath the corneal flap to reshape the cornea. This process is used to treat refractive errors, improve vision, and eliminate or reduce the need for contact lenses or glasses.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Eye
The eye has a number of components which include but are not limited to the cornea, iris, pupil, lens, retina, macula, optic...learn more »
Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the tear-flow system of the eye, but also can be caused by the drying out of the tear...learn more »
In This Article
Dry Eyes Article
- Dry eye syndrome facts
- What is dry eye syndrome?
- What causes dry eye syndrome?
- What is the impact of dry eye syndrome?
- What are dry eye syndrome symptoms and signs?
- What are the complications of dry eye syndrome?
- What are the risk factors for dry eye syndrome?
- What is the treatment for dry eye syndrome?
- Can self-care treatments and remedies help alleviate dry eyes?
- What is the medical treatment for dry eye syndrome?
- What medications are used to treat dry eye syndrome?
- Can surgery treat dry eye syndrome?
- What other therapies are used to treat dry eye syndrome?
Glaucoma is a common eye condition in which the fluid pressure inside the eye rises because of slowed fluid drainage from the...learn more »
In This Article
- Glaucoma facts
- What is glaucoma?
- How common is glaucoma?
- What causes glaucoma?
- What are glaucoma risk factors?
- What are the different types of glaucoma?
- What are glaucoma symptoms and signs?
- How is glaucoma diagnosed?
- How often should someone be checked (screened) for
- What is the treatment for glaucoma?
- Glaucoma medications (eyedrops)
- Glaucoma surgery or laser
- Can glaucoma be prevented?
- What is in the future for glaucoma?