LASEK laser eye surgery
Introduction to LASEK Laser Eye Surgery
Laser epithelial keratomileusis, or LASEK, combines benefits of the two most commonly performed procedures -- LASIK and PRK. LASEK laser eye surgery is used to treat astigmatism, nearsightedness or farsightedness.
In LASEK laser eye surgery, the epithelium, or outer layer of the cornea, is cut not with the microkeratome cutting tool used in LASIK, but with a finer blade called a trephine and a 20% alcohol solution.
What Are the Advantages of LASEK Laser Eye Surgery?
What Are the Disadvantages of LASEK Laser Eye Surgery?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions