Patient Comments: Larynx Cancer - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with larynx cancer.

Comment from: Jay larynx, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

About 15 years ago, I began loosing my voice whenever I'd talk and also constantly coughed without being sick. About 3 years ago I began chocking on fluids only. About a year ago I now begin to choke even when swallowing saliva. I have had a CT of the neck performed and everything seems to be OK. Except there is a number of small nonspecific lymph nodes found in the posterior triangular region and along the intraarticular chain and also in the submandibular and submental regions bilaterally. I don't know what this means, but since I have been welding for about 16 years, I feel that eventually my symptoms may turn into cancer if not already present.

Comment from: Hope, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 25

As same as the first ladies comment my husband was told the same thing now he had the throat camara and the ENT said he sees something witch could very well be cancer so our primary doctor sent us to the cleveland clinic where we have a second opinion on Feb.5th. I would wish after all these years of hoarseness and sore throats it would have been caught earlier he has quit smoking but is depressed and terrified as so am I. I will write more after biopsy.

Comment from: Cecilio, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: February 25

My husband was treated with chemo and radiation for cancer of the trachea. After treatment he became very short of breath and they had to perform a tracheotomy since his vocal cords seem to have been damaged and they barely open. The flap that covers the trachea and the esophagus does not open and close and the liquid and small particles of food that he drinks seeps to the trachea causing him to be cough quite a bit. He also has a tremendous amount of phlegm which leaks from the stoma and he also has to be suctioned.

Comment from: mike easton, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

I've got phlegm but it's not too thick and my throat is sore and I'm swallowing ok but the breathing is a little bit difficult.

Larynx Cancer - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are the symptoms and signs of your larynx cancer?
Larynx Cancer - Treatment Question: What treatments have you received for your larynx cancer?