Patient Comments: Laryngitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Laryngitis.

Comment from: midwayile, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 05

I developed laryngitis 06/24/11, and still have it on 07/03/11. I've done everything the doctor said, rested my voice, taken all my meds, and still can't talk. Guess it' back to the doctor. It feels like I have a pill stuck in my throat, but no trouble breathing or swallowing. Ugh, I'm tired.

Comment from: nancy2345, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

I had laryngitis now for 6 months my ENT doctor found some nodules one on each side of voice box. He is going to do a Biopsy in 2 weeks to make sure it's not cancer. He does think it's acid reflux causing it.

Comment from: jenni, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

It seems that I have laryngitis at least two times a year. When I taught, I thought it was from the kids giving me colds.

Comment from: nic123d, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I had bronchitis a little less than 2 weeks ago. I just finished Augmentin 875mg for 10 days. 3 days ago, my voice started to become hoarse. Today I have absolutely no voice and a sore throat. Yes, I smoke, like a fool. I've cut down from 20 cigs per day to 5 per day.

Comment from: Jingle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I had a mild sore throat that developed into an overall weak feeling for 3 days, it developed into laryngitis and then a chronic dry cough, night sweats, and now pneumonia. Symptoms developed slowly over a week and I thought they would go away with rest. I'm 55, high energy, excellent health, rarely ill. I saw a Dr only because no one can sleep with my annoying chronic night coughing. I'm on antibiotics now and wish I saw a doctor sooner.

Comment from: jessica, 19-24 Female Published: March 07

My experience with laryngitis has been horrible. The day I woke up with it I could not speak. I have been coughing, I have a running nose, and my throat hurts. I have been drinking fluids and it has gotten better, but it still is pretty bad and it has only been 3 days.

Laryngitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your laryngitis? Have you ever lost your voice from talking too much or singing?
Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults Question: What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?
Laryngitis - Symptoms in Children Question: What were the symptoms associated with laryngitis in your baby or child?
Laryngitis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, did you receive for your laryngitis?
Laryngitis - Home Remedies Question: Please share tips and home remedies for treating the hoarseness of laryngitis.