Patient Comments: Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults

What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?

Comment from: Melly, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I have laryngitis with a cough, my ears hurt, I have headache and sinus pressure around my left eye, my teeth hurt on left side, I'm just feeling miserable right now.

Comment from: loka girl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I had laryngitis for the 2nd time this year. I went to a doctor who gave me Panadol and Exylin but it's been a week now, I still have my constant irritating cough. It usually attacks during the resting hours. It has become worse for a week now and my voice still hasn't come back. I've tried already all remedies like tea with lemon, gargling with warm water and salt, eating citrus, eating ginger, having drinks high with vitamin C and lozenges; but still my voice is hoarse. Mostly I speak by whispering especially at work. I hope to get well soon.

Comment from: Barbara A, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I developed laryngitis in December 2012 and my voice did not return for 9 weeks. I had hospital tests and scans, was diagnosed with asthma which they then retracted and also with acid reflux but that was discounted as well but only after I was ill with the medications! I have now got it again and so far I have been without voice for 10 days. I had picked up a flu-like bug from work which I believe has led to this but I am no nearer getting a solution to it or a reason why it's happened again; very frustrated.

Comment from: Retired Officer, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

My voice is hoarse since last 2 weeks, but there is no pain or any other trouble. The doctor has advised me to take voice rest for at least two weeks. I feel personally that it is due to my excessive talking.

Comment from: lise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

My throat was itchy and by the night, I lost my voice completely. It's now five days later and I still have no voice. I'm coughing like crazy. I have a runny nose and I can't sleep.

Comment from: oldphotogurl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I caught an upper respiratory infection from my son, which he had caught at work. I have been coughing so much that now I cannot talk. Although I am very annoyed by not being able to talk, my family says they are enjoying the silence. LOL

Laryngitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Laryngitis.
Laryngitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your laryngitis? Have you ever lost your voice from talking too much or singing?
Laryngitis - Symptoms in Children Question: What were the symptoms associated with laryngitis in your baby or child?
Laryngitis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, did you receive for your laryngitis?
Laryngitis - Home Remedies Question: Please share tips and home remedies for treating the hoarseness of laryngitis.