Patient Comments: Laryngitis - Causes

What was the cause of your laryngitis? Have you ever lost your voice from talking too much or singing?

Comment from: Silverfox, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I was on the bus and a man coughed without covering his mouth. I just knew those germs were flying all over the place. That same day all of a sudden my throat starting hurting. I couldn't swallow without feeling pain. The second day I went to the doctor and was diagnose with laryngitis. I was prescribed azithromycin tablets & promethazine-DM syrup. I was informed not to talk for two days and not to drink anything cold, and that's what I am doing. So far my throat is feeling a lot better. I am not talking, I just text on the phone.

Comment from: Shukra , 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I am working with primary school children for conservation of environment and sustainable waste management, near my house. While teaching the in-classroom and in-the-field practical work I have to use my voice maximum. May be due to overuse of my voice, now I am suffering from laryngitis. The doctor has advised me voice rest.

Comment from: Dawn, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 31

I am a childcare provider. A child that I watched for 2 hours gave another child croup. I ended up with laryngitis.

Laryngitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Laryngitis.
Laryngitis - Symptoms in Adults Question: What were your symptoms associated with laryngitis?
Laryngitis - Symptoms in Children Question: What were the symptoms associated with laryngitis in your baby or child?
Laryngitis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medication, did you receive for your laryngitis?
Laryngitis - Home Remedies Question: Please share tips and home remedies for treating the hoarseness of laryngitis.