Table of Contents
- Laryngitis facts
- What is laryngitis?
- What causes laryngitis?
- What are the symptoms of laryngitis?
- Symptoms of laryngitis in adults
- Symptoms of laryngitis in infants and children
- Is laryngitis contagious?
- How is laryngitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for laryngitis?
- Are there any home remedies for laryngitis?
- What are the complications of laryngitis?
Is laryngitis contagious?
Laryngitis is only contagious if it is caused by an infection. Laryngitis, upper respiratory infections, and colds are commonly a viral infection spread by aerosol droplets.
Disease transmission can be minimized or prevented by covering the nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, and proper hygiene habits (wash your hands often, don't share food utensils, wipe down door handles). Continue Reading