Lamivudine (Epivir; Epivir HBV) is a drug prescribed for the treatment of HIV infection and hepatitis B infection. Off-label use includes prevention of HIV in people accidentally exposed to HIV. Side effects, Drug interactions, and dosage information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
In This Article
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B) Article
- What is hepatitis?
- How is the hepatitis B virus spread (transmitted)?
- What are the symptoms of acute hepatitis B infection?
- What are the symptoms of chronic hepatitis B infection?
- How is hepatitis B diagnosed?
- What is the role of a liver biopsy in chronic hepatitis B?
- What is the natural course of chronic hepatitis B?
- What medications are used to treat hepatitis B?
- What are the effects of alcohol on hepatitis B?
- What are the effects of immunosuppressive medications on hepatitis B?
- What is delta hepatitis?
- What about co-infection with hepatitis B virus and
hepatitis C virus?
- What happens in co-infection with hepatitis B virus and
human immunodeficiency virus?
- What is the role of liver transplantation in hepatitis B?
- What can be done to prevent hepatitis B?
- What is new in the treatment of hepatitis B?
- Hepatitis B At A Glance