Patient Comments: Kyphosis - Causes and Types

If known, what was the cause of your kyphosis? What type do you have?

Comment from: Robin, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had neck and upper thoracic pain since 2005 from a minor car accident. Finally after getting MRI to reveal herniated discs C-4/5 C-5/6 C/7, I am on pain medications and getting facet injections. Recently I went to a surgeon who told me, my scoliosis I found out about minor T-3/T-4 only, which never gave me pain or trouble growing up, was now my problem. I also have degenerative disc disease, have lost 1 1/4 inch in height and my left shoulder is higher. New MRI revealed scoliosis now C-4 /C-7 T-1 /T-5.

Kyphosis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your kyphosis?
Kyphosis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with kyphosis?
Kyphosis - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams did you receive before being diagnosed with kyphosis?
Kyphosis - Therapy and Prognosis Question: Describe the physical therapy exercises that have helped for your kyphosis. What is your prognosis?