Patient Comments: Kyphosis - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with kyphosis?

Comment from: wrench, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 11

I am a 37 year old Soldier and I have severe migraines that have recently been attributed to cervical kyphosis. It all started a few weeks/months after a side impact car accident (T-bone) and it's been ongoing for almost 10 years.

Comment from: dr. wendy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I had a total spinal fusion in 2006 for extreme (or so the neurosurgeon said) scoliosis. I was a gymnast all of my life until I graduated from U.C. Berkeley in 1970. I was fused from T-11 to S-1. Rods, screws, bolts, etc. I now have (and actually, have had excruciating pain on the left side of the fusion mid way down my back. It is worse when I am more active (I have a private practice as a psychotherapist) and work in my garden each day; it keeps me "sane" Pain med's only "take the edge off" and really are not how I want to live, but, the pain is so intense and constant, I have no choice!!! I do not know what to do next. All I know is this pain is intolerable and is ruining my life and work!! Help please!!!!!

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Kyphosis - Treatments Question: What treatments were effective for your kyphosis?
Kyphosis - Causes and Types Question: If known, what was the cause of your kyphosis? What type do you have?
Kyphosis - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams did you receive before being diagnosed with kyphosis?
Kyphosis - Therapy and Prognosis Question: Describe the physical therapy exercises that have helped for your kyphosis. What is your prognosis?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors