Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?

Comment from: bobby, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

I had knee surgery 30 years ago, I have a long lasting pain at top of tibia.

Comment from: keith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

I had a torn cartilage which was trimmed and they took 30 percent away. That was on 18th December 2014. I have been back to the surgeon and my doctors and the knee pain is excessive. I take morphine patches and codeine tablets. It doesn't relieve the pain at all. I wear a knee support and still it pains. Doctors say all is fine, I know it's not.

Comment from: migoo, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 21

My knee pain began with frog kick when knee would lock up with sharp pain on bend part of kick on the right knee. I could poke right side of the knee and find the sore spot. Now it hurts to sit down on a low chair and sometimes on the loo. Walking on beach is still okay as it is forward motion. I want to do a camel safari and not sure if I need to wait. Also wondering if it is cancer or usual wear and tear. I used to ride kick start motorcycles so it is maybe from that use.

Comment from: hab, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I am having a mild pain in my left knee (right outer side above knee cap). I usually have it after the day after my run if I have been running for 2/3 days in the row. I have no swelling and pain doesn't increase while doing my daily chore.

Comment from: Chasity, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

My knee pain was caused from falling. It started 2 years ago before l found out I had torn my ACL. I had to have surgery and four months of therapy.

Comment from: Crisogono, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I got knee pain at the right side of my knee. It hurts when I bend it.

Comment from: Shell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had chronic worsening knee pain for three months, and have been wheelchair dependent since July last year. My specialists are playing pass the buck with me as they can"t work out whether it's the rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or Sjogren's that"s causing it. I just had normal x-rays back, but not had an MRI or arthroscopy yet. Pain is horrific and I can"t take most of the pain relief available due to gastritis or allergy to. I have no idea how to find out the cause or to get treatment. All I can say is, don"t have several conditions at once! It seems to make things much harder when looking for diagnosis and treatment!

Comment from: harsha, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 19

She is suffering from severe knee joint pain for 4 years since the time she got affected by chikungunya.

Knee Pain - Causes Question: What caused your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Prognosis Question: What is your knee pain prognosis?