Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?

Comment from: Buckleyw, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 27

I have had knee pain for 4 days now. I woke up last Friday with sore knee. When I bend my leg the pain is in the front of the knee just below the knee cap. When I walk I only have slight pain but when I rest and then get out of a chair the pain is there.

Comment from: Dee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I fell but my knee didn't hurt until next morning. It is stiff and sore in front and the back of knee, going down outside of leg to ankle that tingles. Pain is constant and sometimes severe. I have osteoporosis. I don't know if I tore a muscle tendon or something. It has been 7 days and is getting more painful and stiffer every day.

Comment from: bobby, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

I had knee surgery 30 years ago, I have a long lasting pain at top of tibia.

Comment from: sss, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I have been having knee pain for over a year now.

Comment from: Bob, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 23

My knee pain has been going on for 28 years now.

Comment from: Howard, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 12

There is crackling sound like rustling paper when I am bending my knee.

Comment from: keith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

I had a torn cartilage which was trimmed and they took 30 percent away. That was on 18th December 2014. I have been back to the surgeon and my doctors and the knee pain is excessive. I take morphine patches and codeine tablets. It doesn't relieve the pain at all. I wear a knee support and still it pains. Doctors say all is fine, I know it's not.

Comment from: migoo, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 21

My knee pain began with frog kick when knee would lock up with sharp pain on bend part of kick on the right knee. I could poke right side of the knee and find the sore spot. Now it hurts to sit down on a low chair and sometimes on the loo. Walking on beach is still okay as it is forward motion. I want to do a camel safari and not sure if I need to wait. Also wondering if it is cancer or usual wear and tear. I used to ride kick start motorcycles so it is maybe from that use.

Comment from: hab, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I am having a mild pain in my left knee (right outer side above knee cap). I usually have it after the day after my run if I have been running for 2/3 days in the row. I have no swelling and pain doesn't increase while doing my daily chore.

Comment from: Chasity, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

My knee pain was caused from falling. It started 2 years ago before l found out I had torn my ACL. I had to have surgery and four months of therapy.

Knee Pain - Causes Question: What caused your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Prognosis Question: What is your knee pain prognosis?