Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?

Comment from: Chasity, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

My knee pain was caused from falling. It started 2 years ago before l found out I had torn my ACL. I had to have surgery and four months of therapy.

Comment from: Shell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had chronic worsening knee pain for three months, and have been wheelchair dependent since July last year. My specialists are playing pass the buck with me as they can"t work out whether it's the rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or Sjogren's that"s causing it. I just had normal x-rays back, but not had an MRI or arthroscopy yet. Pain is horrific and I can"t take most of the pain relief available due to gastritis or allergy to. I have no idea how to find out the cause or to get treatment. All I can say is, don"t have several conditions at once! It seems to make things much harder when looking for diagnosis and treatment!

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have had knee pain for 3 weeks. It is getting worse every day. If I rest it feels better but when I walk it is very difficult.

Comment from: Boissetl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

Pain on behind the knee

Comment from: Stooie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

Pain in the back of knee. More prevalent when trying to squat. After sport no swelling. No definitive point of pain, generally at the back of the knee.

Comment from: Grace, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I tripped 9 months ago and the pain in the right knee has worsened over the months where I am off work sick. I have had an MRI scan and am awaiting result.

Comment from: Montana, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

My knee pain symptoms are pain when doing stairs, especially going down stairs pain when getting up from a sitting position and pain upon kneeling also terrible grinding noises going up the stairs. I now have to use a cane to go up and down my stairs, and I exercise 4-6 times a week. Regular walking doesn't hurt so much, but sometimes my knee aches so badly at night it inhibits sleep. My insurance is effective in January so I will see the doc then, as it has been almost 2 years of gradually increasing pain in my knees! Though the left knee is considerably worse.

Comment from: mica319, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I was bending down one night at work to put something in a safe-like box. I twisted, felt knee pain, but was unable to stop the twisting momentum before I felt a pop in my right knee. It hurt some but not too bad. Now, every time I bend at the knees, I feel this pain as if my knee is about to pop. Usually I can correct and stop it, but tonight, I was unable to, and it popped again. I didn't have much pain at the time, but now, I have pain when I get up and walk around, not when I'm sitting. There is no swelling.

Knee Pain - Causes Question: What caused your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Prognosis Question: What is your knee pain prognosis?