Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?

Comment from: Grace, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I tripped 9 months ago and the pain in the right knee has worsened over the months where I am off work sick. I have had an MRI scan and am awaiting result.

Comment from: Montana, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

My knee pain symptoms are pain when doing stairs, especially going down stairs pain when getting up from a sitting position and pain upon kneeling also terrible grinding noises going up the stairs. I now have to use a cane to go up and down my stairs, and I exercise 4-6 times a week. Regular walking doesn't hurt so much, but sometimes my knee aches so badly at night it inhibits sleep. My insurance is effective in January so I will see the doc then, as it has been almost 2 years of gradually increasing pain in my knees! Though the left knee is considerably worse.

Comment from: Jim, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 30

I'm suffering from knee pain 24/7. It is mainly concentrated on the lower inside of my right knee. Up until the age of 70 I was very active athletically, first basketball followed by golf, no carts. With the arrival of present cold spells my knees in general have been stiff and sore, but the problem with my right knee became severe about two weeks ago. I visited a doctor and he prescribed a Voltaren Gel (diclofenac sodium) and a knee support; a minor improvement. The knee pain occurs primarily when I apply weight pressure on the leg.

Knee Pain - Causes Question: What caused your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Prognosis Question: What is your knee pain prognosis?