Patient Comments: Knee Pain - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: Chasity, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

My knee pain was caused from falling. It started 2 years ago before l found out I had torn my ACL. I had to have surgery and four months of therapy.

Comment from: Shell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had chronic worsening knee pain for three months, and have been wheelchair dependent since July last year. My specialists are playing pass the buck with me as they can"t work out whether it's the rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or Sjogren's that"s causing it. I just had normal x-rays back, but not had an MRI or arthroscopy yet. Pain is horrific and I can"t take most of the pain relief available due to gastritis or allergy to. I have no idea how to find out the cause or to get treatment. All I can say is, don"t have several conditions at once! It seems to make things much harder when looking for diagnosis and treatment!

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have had knee pain for 3 weeks. It is getting worse every day. If I rest it feels better but when I walk it is very difficult.

Comment from: Boissetl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

Pain on behind the knee

Comment from: Stooie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

Pain in the back of knee. More prevalent when trying to squat. After sport no swelling. No definitive point of pain, generally at the back of the knee.

Comment from: mica319, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I was bending down one night at work to put something in a safe-like box. I twisted, felt knee pain, but was unable to stop the twisting momentum before I felt a pop in my right knee. It hurt some but not too bad. Now, every time I bend at the knees, I feel this pain as if my knee is about to pop. Usually I can correct and stop it, but tonight, I was unable to, and it popped again. I didn't have much pain at the time, but now, I have pain when I get up and walk around, not when I'm sitting. There is no swelling.

Comment from: joan, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My knee pain is ongoing. Soon after joining a health club last September I started having knee pain. I was on the treadmill and also into weight training involving leg lifts etc. I have a torn cartilage in my right knee. I take Celebrex and now I am using Advil. I change pain medications time to time. My only option is surgery to repair cartilage, but there are no guarantees this will alleviate the pain entirely. Celebrex has a low effect on pain until taking in four days or more. So far Advil has helped the most even better than Tylenol arthritis OTC.

Comment from: Mamajess, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I've had right knee pain since 1995 after a fall. First, I had arthroscopy done in June of 1995 for my torn medial meniscus. The pain continued, so I had a second arthroscopy done in 1998. The pain continued after that surgery, and by 2005, I was unable to walk. An MRI showed torn medial meniscus and so I had a third arthroscopy done. In 2007, I went back to orthopedic surgeon with the same symptoms, only this time I had the feeling of something getting caught and then a loud snapping or popping sound. I was told basically to deal with it, and that my pain management doctor would have to write my prescriptions. (I had gone to this orthopedic surgeon since 2000 and never had this man written a prescription for me.) He talked to me as if I was seeking drugs, and all I have wanted for 13 years is to have my knee fixed properly.

Knee Pain - Symptoms Question: How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?
Knee Pain - Causes Question: What caused your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your knee pain?
Knee Pain - Prognosis Question: What is your knee pain prognosis?