Patient Comments: Knee Injury - Experience

Please describe your experience with your knee injury.

Comment from: Granny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

Over five years ago I was having knee problems. I saw the orthopedic doctor. He did an MRI and said I needed a knee replacement not then but soon. He said I would know when. I was planning to retire in five years so put it off. Within weeks after retiring and moving to another state I injured my knee and went to another orthopedic and he did an MRI and said all I needed was an arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus. So I did it a month ago. I still can't walk over 100 feet with or without a cane. My other knee is now in bad shape and I don't know if I should take the chances on another surgery to repair my torn meniscus or just learn to live with it. I am so tired of being on a scooter to get around being home bound. I am in pain every night and in cold weather all the time; not happy.

Comment from: Fort Worth, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

It's been 2 months since my surgery and I can barely walk these days without pain. I always have been an active women since I was 28 and had a special needs child to train. I bought a brace and hire a trainer and cycle a little. Lifestyle is destroyed.

Meniscus Tear - Symptoms Question: Describe what happened and how it felt when you had a meniscus tear.
Meniscus Tear - Treatment Question: What was the treatment or medication you received for your meniscus tear?
Meniscus Tear - Recovery Question: Describe the healing and recovery process for your meniscus tear.
Meniscus Tear - Prevention Question: In what ways would you try to prevent a meniscus tear?
Knee Injury - Causes Question: What caused your knee injury?