Patient Comments: Knee Injury - Causes

What caused your knee injury?

Comment from: Lanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

When I missed the last two steps on the stairwell at my home, I ended up twisting my right leg and falling directly onto the knee. The knee swelled on either side of the knee cap and I couldn"t straighten it nor could I bend it for the first three days after the injury. I am able to straighten it but it still feels really tight with a bit of pain when I try to bend it. I am now experiencing continuous aching in my femur and hip joint and calf. I am having trouble sleeping because of the constant aches that are radiating through the whole leg as well as my lower back sometimes.

Meniscus Tear - Symptoms Question: Describe what happened and how it felt when you had a meniscus tear.
Meniscus Tear - Treatment Question: What was the treatment or medication you received for your meniscus tear?
Meniscus Tear - Recovery Question: Describe the healing and recovery process for your meniscus tear.
Meniscus Tear - Prevention Question: In what ways would you try to prevent a meniscus tear?
Knee Injury - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with your knee injury.