Patient Comments: Bursitis of the Knee - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs were associated with your knee bursitis?

Comment from: Kimmy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had shrimp friend rice from one of my favorite Chinese restaurant. Thirty minutes later I had nausea and vomited five times. I also had a glass of grape juice that tasted funny. I assumed it was the juice. Yesterday, I had more of the refrigerated shrimp fried rice and again vomited profusely. Now I know it was the shrimp friend rice that caused my food poisoning. I will never order that dish again!

Comment from: gigi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I was diagnosed with knee bursitis about a year ago. I was experiencing a burning pain in the back of my knee. It felt like a rubber band that was pulled tight. It felt like a bubble in the back of my leg behind the knee. I could bend it one minute, the next minute I couldn't. Excruciating pain one minute and not too much the next. I took indomethacin.

Comment from: fyreman235, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 30

Pain began on top of the kneecap with just minor irritation to the touch. Gradually it increased to severe pain when bending the knee or walking. I saw an urgent care physician's assistant who suspected bursitis, but is sending to my general physician who will take it from there. I am expecting a cortisone shot. I do not remember injuring the knee, but I did play tennis 2 or 3 times a week before the pain began. I hope to be back on the court in a few days but might be dreaming.

Comment from: Ali0808, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I went to a state park and in an effort to walk across a stream fell on my first step hard on my left knee. I had a huge gaping wound, lots of blood and bone bruise. I stopped the bleeding with a torn up trail map; not so good. I favored it for 5 weeks, did see my doctor a few days later, and then boom, swelling, intractable pain, and local fever! I was inpatient for 5 days, had 3 knee taps and IV Ancef. I'm really sick now from the oral antibiotics. Knee bursitis is nothing to be messed with.

Comment from: Fernange., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

First time I got bursitis of the knee, it wasn"t painful at all. The inflammation came very slow and lasted about 8 months and went away by itself very slow as well. Yesterday it came back but fast, in about 2 hours I was in pain. I couldn"t sleep so I got up to reach for an electric pad but my body started shaking terribly. I guess my body temperature went down drastically, which made me think the bursa was internally infected. My whole body was now in pain (sort of flu symptoms). Tomorrow I"ll visit a rheumatologist for diagnosis.

Comment from: marsha, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was having an abortion which resulted in my having sepsis and being hospitalized. It was done by a doctor, who used a method causing sepsis. Having been near death and suffering through the trauma I am lucky to be alive.

Comment from: looking4hope, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I have been drastically losing bone in my lower jaw at an extremely high and fast rate! I need to know why. I do suffer from degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease and spinal stenosis. I've already have had 3 operations on my spine and have been told that I may need a 5th one! I have been taking prescribed pain medication for about 10 years now. Recently I had all my lower teeth removed due to soft and bad teeth that was hereditary. I had 4 implants put in my lower jaw 2 hold my denture in place about 2 years ago. Since then I lost 2 of my implants and I am losing my bottom jaw bone at a very fast rate! I can't figure why this is happening to me.

Knee Bursitis - Experience Question: Does your job cause trauma to your knees? Share your experience with knee bursitis.
Knee Bursitis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your knee bursitis? Did you have a fever or infection?
Knee Bursitis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, therapy, or medication did you have for your knee bursitis?