Patient Comments: Knee Bursitis - Experience

Does your job cause trauma to your knees? Share your experience with knee bursitis.

Comment from: danatboise, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I recently was diagnosed by my VA (Veteran Affairs) doctor to have anserine bursitis of the right knee. I have a lot of pain in both legs and feet because of permanent damage to the nerves in my back from degenerative arthritis, so at first, I thought it was related. Then, I realized this was different because it also hurts to touch it, and is extremely painful to walk on. The doctor says to take 400 mg. 4 times per day, avoid crossing legs, and bending, put a pillow between legs when laying on side, and ice for 15 minutes every 4 to 6 hours. I hope this helps. He says to contact him if it doesn't appear to help. I just started treating it, so I will see. Also, I was a floor installer in for about twenty years, bending down on concrete floors for 8 to 10 hours per day, and I live in a basement house where I climb up and down stairs constantly, as my bedroom is downstairs.

Comment from: christi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I am a 51 and have had bursitis for a year. I fell about a year ago. I have iced it and raised it, but this does not help. I don't know what to do. It is bigger than my left knee and is swollen and red.

Bursitis of the Knee - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs were associated with your knee bursitis?
Knee Bursitis - Cause Question: What was the cause of your knee bursitis? Did you have a fever or infection?
Knee Bursitis - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, therapy, or medication did you have for your knee bursitis?