Patient Comments: Klinefelter Syndrome - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Klinefelter syndrome?

Comment from: kidstoys37, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I too have Klinefelter Syndrome. I'm 47 years old, tall, and don't have breasts. I was reading about the 20 year old that posted and believe me I wanted kids at 20 and I went through being depressed for a long time. To this day I would still like to have a child. Adopting and having a child are two different things. My mind races about everything and I too have severe sleep apnea. My fiancee bumps me in the night to jump start my heart to start breathing again. I'm a mess! I do work during the day, I'm a loner and I'm just happy being alone outside at work. I get 200 mgs every two weeks too. When I get my shot I'm moody for about three days and then I'm fine. I still have a sex drive of a 18 year old as well.

Comment from: 1sillyme, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 21

I'm 35 years old. I was diagnosed by my doctor at age 14 with klinefelter syndrome. They were very slow at putting me on testosterone. I started testosterone when I was 29 years old. I have very small testes and a small penis. I'm overweight and very tall, and have large breasts.

Comment from: radbear44, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

By the age of 14 I had bigger hips than other boys my age and my breast were larger, despite this I went through my teen's without knowing what I had, I had intercourse as a teen with women and were able to ejaculate up to 10 times in one sex session. I was never interested in males only females. I had no trouble getting an erection. When I was 19 I was in the army where I was getting migraine headaches a lot. At a hospital in DC they diagnosed me with klinefelters and started me on depo-testosterone shots, once every 2 weeks. I began to gain muscle and I had a sex drive that would put an 18 year old to shame. I felt energy and power; my emotions would get the best of me sometimes. I would feel sorry for women and because of this I have been married 4 times. I would get married to help them to help them financially and at first the sex was good but then I found them not able to keep up with me. I grew lots of hair all over. My testicles never grew they stayed a child's size. My breast flattened out. My hips are still big. I have osteoarthritis in my hips and knees, Carpal tunnel in both hands and severe sleep apnea. Recently I have been diagnosed as a diabetic type 2. I don't drink or smoke and I work out at the gym 5 days a week. My doctor has recently given me Zoloft for depression which has zapped me of my powers. I am 52 years old. Sterile, 5'9" and weigh 265lbs. Any questions just ask.

Klinefelter Syndrome - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your Klinefelter syndrome?
Klinefelter Syndrome - Physical Development Question: If you or someone you know has Klinefelter syndrome, describe challenges in physical development.