Patient Comments: Klinefelter Syndrome - Treatments

Question:What was the treatment for your Klinefelter syndrome?

Comment from: Foxy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I was diagnosed when I was 42, while waiting for spinal surgery. During my school years, and even today, I have always been a loner. When I was about 15, I had chicken pox and mumps straight after each other, and this was thought to be why I had no sperm count and small testicles. I stopped growing at 19 and am 6 foot 7 inches. All through my life I have had mixed feelings and attractions on sexual matters. I married in 1985 and adopted two children with Down syndrome. I am presently 59, and although during school years was deemed a dreamer and not allowed to go on to higher learning at school, I received a Bachelor of Arts in 1998, and now am a manager. So, if you have XXY, accept it and then enjoy the ride.

Comment from: Daks, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 15

I was 26 when I was diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome. Little did I know what it was. First, it was injections, then patches, then implants. By far, implants worked much better than anything. Now I'm on Axiron. I apply it twice per day under my armpit. It works much better and quicker. I have fewer migraines and a better sex drive, as well.

Klinefelter Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your Klinefelter syndrome?
Klinefelter Syndrome - Physical Development Question: If you or someone you know has Klinefelter syndrome, describe challenges in physical development.