Kleine-Levin Syndrome Index
Kleine-Levin syndrome is a rare sleep condition, primarily affecting adolescent males. Symptoms of Kleine-Levin syndrome include recurring but reversible periods "episodes" of excessive sleep. There is no definitive treatment for Kleine-Levin syndrome. Medication can be prescribed to treat sleepiness and episodes.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- methylphenidate, Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Ritalin LA, Concerta, Methylin, Methylin ER, Daytrana
- carbamazepine, Tegretol, Tegretol XR , Equetro, Carbatrol, Epitol, Teril
- Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives)
- lithium, Lithobid
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...learn more »
In This Article
- What's involved with teen disease prevention?
- What can teens expect during health checkups?
- What immunizations do teenagers need?
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...learn more »
In This Article
- What is sleep?
- What causes the body to sleep?
- What are the stages of sleep?
- How long does it take to get REM sleep?
- Why is REM sleep important?
- What percentage of sleep should be deep sleep?
- How much sleep does a person need?
- Does the amount of sleep we need change as we age?
- What are signs and symptoms of sleep deprivation?
- What are and what causes sleep disorders?
- How are sleep problems diagnosed?
- How are sleep problems treated?
- Sleep hygiene
- Other therapies
- Sleep aids (prescription and OTC)
- Are sleep problems and disease related?
- How can I get a good night's sleep?