Patient Comments: Kinesio Taping - Effectiveness

Have you used the Kinesio Taping Method? Did you find it effective?

Comment from: NitaK, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 23

I am a certified occupational therapy assistant and am certified to apply Kinesio Tape. I frequently use tape to reduce edema, support sprained ligaments and decrease pain. I have good success and use these techniques up to 4 times a day with various applications. The edema application works well with acute injury to also decrease pain by decreasing pressure at the injury site. By supporting ligaments with taping we are able to aid the patient to move without pain and align the joint to prevent further injury to tissues. This may take a few weeks of support taping but is worth the result. Patients are surprised what a piece of tape can do to relieve their pain.

Comment from: pedalmefar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I had meniscus removal surgery and had pain and swelling. I had no knowledge of this Kinesio Taping method, but my physical therapist put it on and I had overnight relief from pain and swelling. I was able to walk at least 70 percent better than the previous day. Amazing!

Comment from: Grizz, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

I had physiotherapy (PT) on an injured knee at 70 years of age. Therapist applied a tape that appeared to be useless at first, and then after a few weeks of PT/taping and increasingly intense exercises, I was handed over to a temporary therapist for a single session, and left the PT building without the taping. The pain which had gradually subsided returned and when my regular therapist returned after a painful weekend, I was taped up and the pain gradually disappeared. I then asked for some data on the tape, and here I am, telling the world that Kinesio Taping really works, even though it appears to be totally benign!

Comment from: 2blackbelts, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 06

I have been using both Kinesio Tape and Spider Tape for years, and have taped literally thousands of patients ranging from age 8 to 87, as well as many professional wrestlers and athletes. My results have been very good, and well received.