- Take the Cold & Flu Quiz
- Bacterial Infections 101 Slideshow
- Natural Cold & Flu Remedies Slideshow
- Patient Comments: Adenovirus 14 - Signs and Symptoms
- Adenovirus 14 (Ad14) facts
- What is the killer cold virus?
- What are symptoms and signs of an Adenovirus 14 infection?
- What causes an infection with Adenovirus 14 (Ad14)?
- How is an Adenovirus 14 infection diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for an Adenovirus 14 (Ad14) infection?
- What are complications of an Adenovirus 14 infection?
- What is the prognosis for an Adenovirus 14 (Ad14) infection?
- Can an Adenovirus 14 infection be prevented?
- Where can people get more information about the killer cold virus (Adenovirus 14)?
Where can people get more information about the killer cold virus (Adenovirus 14)?
The following sites may provide additional information about Ad14:
"Outbreak of Adenovirus 14 Respiratory Illness -- Prince of Wales Island, Alaska, 2008," Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
"Structure and Classification of Viruses," Medical Microbiology
Medically reviewed by Robert Cox, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Infectious Disease
Kajon, A.E., X. Lu, D.D. Erdman , et al. "Molecular Epidemiology and Brief History of Emerging Adenovirus 14-Associated Respiratory Disease in the United States." J Infect Dis. 202.1 (2010): 93-103.
O'Flanagan, D., J. O'Donnell, L. Domegan, et al. "First Reported Cases of Human Adenovirus Serotype14p1 Infection, Ireland, October 2009 to July 2010." Euro. Surveill. 16.8 (2011).