Patient Comments: Kidney Stones - Treatments

How were your kidney stones treated?

Comment from: JB, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I was taken to the emergency room ten days ago with severe pain on my left side. They gave me something by IV for the pain and nausea, which helped for a little bit. They did a CT scan and said I had a stone in my ureter. Three days later I was back in the emergency room with severe pain again. At this emergency room they did an ultrasound and said I had a blockage in my kidney and a kidney infection as well. They put me on antibiotics. I am still feeling like crap and am constantly nauseous. I have missed a total of five days of work because of the pain and other stomach problems. I finally have an appointment with an urologist on Friday and I am really hoping that they can do something to make this thing pass a little faster. I have been taking an anti-inflammatory, Flomax, a pain pill, anti-nausea medication, and antibiotic. I am just ready for it all to be done. I am tired of being miserable.

Comment from: amanfor, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

About a month ago, I started experiencing mild lower back pain. I brushed it off for about two weeks until I saw blood in my urine. I waited a week before I went to my doctor, and she suspected it was kidney stones. The next morning, while getting ready, I fell to the floor in extreme pain and starting vomiting. I went to the ER, and the CT scan showed I had a 5 mm kidney stone that I was just beginning to pass. It has been more than a week now, and I have not passed it yet. I have extreme episodes, and the pain has started to move now into my pelvic region. I am starting to urinate more and more and it's painful. I was not experiencing this before.

Comment from: Lady Lemon, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I have been using a heating pad on my kidney area in the back, drinking lemon water, taking Herb Pharm's "Stone Breaker" tincture and also taking a Chinese formula, Seven Forest's Lysimachia 3. I had an acupuncture treatment for Kidney Stones. I just peed into a strainer and found little tan gravel and black flecks in the bowl. I think I have more to go but feel much better than I had been. The pain went down my leg, up to my ribs and sometimes causing nausea. At first, I didn't take the herbs b/c it felt dramatic in my body until I realized I needed to pass these and it might be dramatic, which meant moving and good. I wish you well if you are looking for answers to help you pass kidney stones. (PS I had had an ultrasound showing many stones in each kidney and one in each uteri.)

Comment from: kidneypain, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I am a 23-year-old woman. Since I was 17, I have suffered three kidney infections. For the past three months I've had pain in my left kidney. After numerous unhelpful medical prescriptions, my doctor finally performed an ultrasound and found four stones in each kidney. I'm currently awaiting treatment.

Comment from: Christopher, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

Hi all, I'm a 32 year old male from South Africa. I went in for a routine checkup and my doctor picked up a 9mm kidney stone in my right kidney. Went for CT scans and was booked for operations the next day to remove the stone through my back. What a big thing this operation turned into, I was hospitalized for 10 days and had 3 more operations after that. And now after having went through all the trouble and pain. The kidney stone can't be removed. A specialist said that it would do more damage to my kidney if they tried to remove the stone. I am so shocked after releasing that I am going to be stuck with this 9 mm stone forever! I never had pain before operation to try and removed the stone. But are struggling with back pain ever since the operations 5 months ago. I live a very healthy life style and do drink lots of water every day. I eat healthy and do light exercise every day. Just wondering for how long this stone was in my kidney and according to my Doctor is already part of my kidney and it's stoned in my kidney meat. Could this not have been noticed on the CT?

Comment from: KK1234, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have been having back pain for months on end. One day while I was driving I felt the worst pain, ever. It did not even touch childbirth. I was on my way to get my daughter from daycare. Long story short I then went to a local after hours clinic who told me I had to see a Urologist. The UR doctor ordered me a CT scan and the scan showed a kidney stone but now in my bladder. He told me that the sharp pains I felt was the stone passing from kidneys to the bladder. I do not think I have passed it. I was so happy the back pain went away for about three weeks. However, the back pain is back. Do you think it could be another stone? I cannot even sleep at night. I have a doctor's appt in the morning and I will let you know if anyone is interested.

Kidney Stones - Causes Question: Did your doctor indicate what he or she thought caused your kidney stones?
Kidney Stones - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your kidney stone?
Kidney Stones - Treatment Question: How were your kidney stones treated?
Kidney Stones - Prevention Question: What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a kidney stone?