Kidney Stone Index
This Kidney Stone index provides links to related conditions, procedures, tests, medications, patient comments, tools, FAQs, the latest news, and visual guides—slideshows, images, pictures, and quizzes—to help you better understand Kidney Stone.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...learn more »
In This Article
- Osteoporosis facts
- What is osteoporosis?
- What are osteoporosis symptoms and signs?
- What are the consequences of osteoporosis?
- Why is osteoporosis an important public health issue?
- What factors determine bone strength?
- What are osteoporosis risk factors and causes?
- How is osteoporosis diagnosed?
- Who should have bone density testing?
- What is the treatment for osteoporosis, and can osteoporosis be prevented?
- Exercise, quitting cigarettes, and curtailing alcohol
- Calcium supplements
- Vitamin D
- Hormone therapy (hormone replacement
therapy, menopausal replacement therapy)
- Medications that prevent bone loss and breakdown
- Choosing an osteoporosis medication
- Prevention of osteoporosis caused by long-term corticosteroids
- Monitoring osteoporosis therapy medication
- Prevention of hip fractures in elderly people with
- What are complications of osteoporosis?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with osteoporosis?
In This Article
Blood in the Urine (Hematuria) Article
- Blood in the Urine Overview
- Causes of Blood in the Urine
- Blood in the Urine Symptoms and Signs
- When to Seek Medical Care
- Diagnosis of Blood in the Urine: Lab Tests
- Diagnosis of Blood in the Urine: Imaging and Cystoscopy
- Blood in the Urine Treatment
- Blood in the Urine Self-Care at Home
- Blood in the Urine Medical Treatment
- Blood in the Urine Follow-up
- Blood in the Urine Prognosis