Table of Contents
- Kidney pain facts
- What are the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- What are symptoms and signs are associated with kidney pain?
- What are some of the kidney conditions and diseases that cause kidney pain?
- When should someone see a doctor about kidney pain?
- What are common tests are available to diagnose kidney diseases?
- What is the treatment for kidney pain?
What is the function of the kidneys?
The excess waste products and excess fluid are removed when the kidneys produce urine that is excreted from the body. Moreover, the kidneys play an important role in regulation of the body salt, potassium, and acid content. The kidneys also produce hormones that stimulate the production of red blood cells that help regulate blood pressure and help control calcium and electrolyte metabolism in the body. Continue Reading