Table of Contents
- Kidney pain facts
- What are the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- What are symptoms and signs are associated with kidney pain?
- What are some of the kidney conditions and diseases that cause kidney pain?
- When should someone see a doctor about kidney pain?
- What are common tests are available to diagnose kidney diseases?
- What is the treatment for kidney pain?
Where are the kidneys located?
The kidneys are bean-shaped organs (about 11 cm x 7 cm x 3 cm) that are located against the back muscles in the upper abdominal area. They sit opposite each other on both the left and right side of the body; the right kidney, however, sits a little lower than the left to accommodate the size of the liver. Continue Reading