Table of Contents
- Kidney pain facts
- What are the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- What are symptoms and signs are associated with kidney pain?
- What are some of the kidney conditions and diseases that cause kidney pain?
- When should someone see a doctor about kidney pain?
- What are common tests are available to diagnose kidney diseases?
- What is the treatment for kidney pain?
What are the kidneys?
The kidneys are two organs whose major functions are to remove waste products and excess fluid from the body and produce hormones that regulate blood pressure, red blood cell production, acid regulation and influence calcium, and electrolyte metabolism. Continue Reading
Wolf, J. "Causes of flank pain." Medscape. Updated Dec 01, 2015.
National Kidney Foundation. "How Your Kidneys Work."
Urology Care Foundation. "Kidney (Renal) Trauma." <http://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/kidney-(renal)-trauma>.
1. Getty Images
2. Getty Images
3. Getty Images
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Newsletters
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!