Patient Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

Please describe your kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: Ardithann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been having spasms on the lower right side. I have had medicines for bladder and kidney infection. My urine is a heavy yellow though I drink lots of water, tea and juice. I had a cold since February 20, 2015. It goes away for a couple of days and back again. I just can't shake it. Just in the last couple of days my legs have been hurting and I am tried. I am not sleeping well. I know that it is all connected; I see my doctor on May 8th.

Comment from: pinki300183, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I have a kidney infection with possible stones. I don't have a fever but I have pain under my chest that goes into side and groin area. I struggled to breathe at one point as the pain is so severe. I went to doctors and had no blood in urine but had protein and white blood cells. I feel like I have the flu, I ache all over and have nausea. I am currently taking trimethoprim to help.

Comment from: topspara, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I've been suffering with kidney infection symptoms. I have been having groin pain and for a year, my right buttock was numb and I kept getting kidney infections but my doctor kept treating me for urine infections, even though I did have a small amount of blood in my urine. I felt like my doctor was treating me like a crazy person. I am now exhausted and still in agony. However approximately 5 months ago he finally sent me for some tests, ones I didn't think where right; colposcopy, colonoscopy, blood tests and x-ray. The hospital then took over and gave me CTs, etc., but finally an MRI. I'm waiting for the results and now have 2 more weeks to wait. I believe my femoral nerves are in some trouble so I hope they work it out soon as in these 2 years I have lost all my muscle and am so tired and have not seen my doctor since November as I can't walk and haven't been able to for 2 years.

Comment from: AnnaC, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

My kidney infection symptoms began 3 days before I finally gave in and went to the emergency room (ER). It initially started with horrible burning pain when I urinated, and frequency of urination, that lasted two days. By the third day I developed severe pain on the right side (where I already have an existing kidney stone), I also had a ton of blood in my urine from day 1. At the hospital they diagnosed me with a kidney infection because my white blood cells were extremely raised and because of the blood in my urine. They sent off my urine for a culture test and it just came back today positive for E. coli. I was told I was extremely lucky for going to the hospital when I did. They put me on an IV with antibiotics and gave me 10 days' worth. I was told if I developed a fever or began throwing up to immediately return to the ER. I've had diarrhea for two days now.

Comment from: Pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I believe my kidney infection was caused as a result of eating an undercooked burger. I thought pink was ok but since discovered that's only ok with a steak or chop. Ground meat needs to be cooked through in case of bacteria from the outside of the meat going inside. I woke the next day with severe pain in the kidney area and had diarrhea through the day. The pain got so bad I went to hospital. Now I am on antibiotic and painkillers every 4 hours. The bacteria from the diarrhea obviously got into the urinary tract.

Comment from: sasi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have burning sensation while urinating and it is difficult to pass urine and there is flank pain on both the sides of my back. I have undergone cystoscopy and was prescribed medicines for the kidney infection, and for 3 days pus was found in urine and I also have blood in urine.

Kidney Infection - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - Causes Question: What was the cause of your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - In Children Question: What risk factors for kidney infection did your child have?