Patient Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

Please describe your kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: Mark, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

I been having lower back pain on the right side for a while. I am being treated for a bulging disc and arthritis but the pain has been getting worse. I was taken to the emergency room after being dizzy and continuous diarrhea. At the hospital I started vomiting. My white cell count was high but no fever, no infection in my blood and no urinary tract infection. I am taking prednisone and other medicines that apparently make my immune system weak. The doctor feels that's what caused my kidney infection.

Comment from: jordan, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

Back pain, chills, fever, tingling and numbness in legs, and arms and feet turning blue are my kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: NSA, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 10

My kidney infection symptoms are abdominal pain, vomiting, fever, and nausea.

Comment from: Ardithann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been having spasms on the lower right side. I have had medicines for bladder and kidney infection. My urine is a heavy yellow though I drink lots of water, tea and juice. I had a cold since February 20, 2015. It goes away for a couple of days and back again. I just can't shake it. Just in the last couple of days my legs have been hurting and I am tried. I am not sleeping well. I know that it is all connected; I see my doctor on May 8th.

Comment from: pinki300183, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I have a kidney infection with possible stones. I don't have a fever but I have pain under my chest that goes into side and groin area. I struggled to breathe at one point as the pain is so severe. I went to doctors and had no blood in urine but had protein and white blood cells. I feel like I have the flu, I ache all over and have nausea. I am currently taking trimethoprim to help.

Comment from: sasi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have burning sensation while urinating and it is difficult to pass urine and there is flank pain on both the sides of my back. I have undergone cystoscopy and was prescribed medicines for the kidney infection, and for 3 days pus was found in urine and I also have blood in urine.

Comment from: topspara, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I've been suffering with kidney infection symptoms. I have been having groin pain and for a year, my right buttock was numb and I kept getting kidney infections but my doctor kept treating me for urine infections, even though I did have a small amount of blood in my urine. I felt like my doctor was treating me like a crazy person. I am now exhausted and still in agony. However approximately 5 months ago he finally sent me for some tests, ones I didn't think where right; colposcopy, colonoscopy, blood tests and x-ray. The hospital then took over and gave me CTs, etc., but finally an MRI. I'm waiting for the results and now have 2 more weeks to wait. I believe my femoral nerves are in some trouble so I hope they work it out soon as in these 2 years I have lost all my muscle and am so tired and have not seen my doctor since November as I can't walk and haven't been able to for 2 years.

Kidney Infection - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - Causes Question: What was the cause of your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - In Children Question: What risk factors for kidney infection did your child have?