Patient Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

Please describe your kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: lbuggy65, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I think I have this kidney infection AGAIN. This will make the third one. I have the pain in my left side and I am urinating a lot. I do not want to take antibiotics again. I was hospitalized over a year ago for a serious kidney infection and since I have been getting them regularly. I feel great besides the pain and I do not have any burning while I urinate. I do not want to take drugs anymore.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I started to hurt in my back with no warning during the night. By the next morning I was running a temp of 102.7 and nausea had set in. The next few hours were only worse, my temp went up and I started to vomit. I went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital for 4 days getting IV fluids w/potassium and antibiotics. It was horrible pain and I had no warning for this infection.

Comment from: tracy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I have lower back pain on one side during the night. I am unable to sleep and agitated. After urinating in the morning I have dull back pain in the same place.

Comment from: di, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I have lower back aches. Some stomach pains off and on, severe at times then gone for a few days, then back pain again and stomach pains again less intense. I do not have pain with urinating, but do feel I have to go a lot urgently. No blood in the urine. I have been feeling this way for 6 days.

Kidney Infection - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - Causes Question: What was the cause of your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - In Children Question: What risk factors for kidney infection did your child have?