Patient Comments: Kidney Infection - Symptoms

Please describe your kidney infection symptoms.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I have several kidney infections in my lifetime, starting when I was about six years. I remember being hospitalized when I was young. This one started with back pain and vomiting, and temp of 103. My prescription is gone as of today. Should I go back in to doctor and have it checked or just trust that it is gone? I had a gum infection prior and was on three different rounds of antibiotics.

Comment from: spiffy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 26

When I had kidney infection about a month ago I had every one of the symptoms described, nausea, tiredness, ridiculously painful back pain, etc. I was prescribed Cipro and was told to take it twice a day till every pill was gone. It took a long time till the pain was gone. But once I broke my fever by drinking hot green tea with lemon and laying in a blanket for twenty-four hours most of the pain was gone. I felt fully better about two days before all of the pills were gone. I wasn't prescribed any pain pills so I just took Tylenol and used thermacare heat wraps.

Comment from: Joyce, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

My symptoms are severe headache, sore eyeballs, neck stiff and sore, dizzy, sick at my stomach after I eat, chills running over me even when I am not hot or cold. I went to the doctor and he found a bladder infection, said it was a whopper of an infection. However, I have no bladder infection symptoms and no fever. I am starting Bactrum today. Could it be something beside a bladder infection.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 22

My back is killing me and I can't get comfortable. I lay down and sit and its also hard to walk, my backs feels arched and hurts constantly.

Comment from: Jen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

Monday I started getting pain in my lower back and well as pain under my rib cage. I have not had any problems when I use the bathroom but I have been nauseous. It is now Wednesday and the pain in my back is horrible. I have not been running a fever or anything. I am not sure what to do.

Comment from: Patsy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I have had pain in my lower back for the past four weeks. My Doctor has asked me for three urine samples and has submitted them to a Laboratory. After the first report which showed a small amount of blood in my urine, he prescribed a tablet containing sulphur. When I had completed the entire prescription, another urine sample indicated protein in my urine. I was prescribed Ranciproflox. I completed the prescription, but still have the pain.

Comment from: Heather, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I have had 4 kidney infections in the past year. I don't understand why. I wipe from front to back, I drink tons of water in a day. I even take cranberry pills daily to help. But they keep coming. I get a fever, nausea and my back is in extreme pain. It's the same every time. My back are where my kidneys are is also extremely sore and hard as a rock.

Comment from: Magdelynne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I am a 53 year old female with fibromyalgia. Because I live with chronic pain I don't pay close attention to pains. I had low energy Weds til Friday with mild nausea. I did note cloudy urine and made mental note to self to drink more water! Friday night had a coughing attack out of the blue which exhausted me and caused chest pain. Have had increase in hot flashes too. I went to bed early. Felt general malaise all day Saturday with light-handedness. While cooking dinner Saturday, became terribly nauseous and dizzy, went to bed. Somewhere in all this I became aware that I had UTI/bladder pain and symptoms (of increased urination) so Sunday began drinking plain cranberry juice. Here it is Monday morning and I still feel awful, I am at work, and wondering if I should go see my doctor to rule out bladder/kidney infection.

Kidney Infection - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - Causes Question: What was the cause of your kidney infection?
Kidney Infection - In Children Question: What risk factors for kidney infection did your child have?