Patient Comments: Kidney Failure - Treatment

What kinds of treatment did you or a relative receive for kidney failure?

Comment from: Onehun, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

By the time it was diagnosed, I had stage 3 kidney disease. Now doc's call it kidney failure. Don't see any difference. No treatment given just my own discipline to keep on the diet .I have many other conditions, and I am old. It is not easy worst is when I get the flu, I don't get no prescriptions not even for a half baby Aspirin. As far as I know Tylenol is as harmful as an aspirin, but aspirin helps subdue pain, Tylenol is for the birds.

Kidney Failure - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of kidney failure can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Kidney Failure - Diet Question: What changes have you made to your diet since you were diagnosed with kidney failure?
Kidney Failure - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events and tests that led to a diagnosis of kidney failure.
Kidney Failure - Dialysis Question: What is it like to receive dialysis? Please share your experience.