Patient Comments: Kidney Failure - Symptoms

The symptoms of kidney failure can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Published: June 09

My symptoms were a back ache above the waist on the right side; it was like I was being tortured internally and nothing helped to relieve it.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 26

One of my kidneys ruptured and I needed surgery. I required blood transfusions, couldn't walk, and my kidney was swollen.

Published: July 24

I was suffering from loss of appetite, loss of stamina and an irritating sound in my abdomen. I got my creatinine level checked and it was 23. I was put on dialysis immediately. A few months later I had a transplant in September. 8 months after the transplant my creatinine levels again started shooting up and is 6.5 as of August two years later.

Kidney Failure - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you or a relative receive for kidney failure?
Kidney Failure - Diet Question: What changes have you made to your diet since you were diagnosed with kidney failure?
Kidney Failure - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events and tests that led to a diagnosis of kidney failure.
Kidney Failure - Dialysis Question: What is it like to receive dialysis? Please share your experience.