Patient Comments: Kidney Disease (HBP Related) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your kidney disease?

Comment from: yeager, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

After being blessed with health insurance for several years and going for checkups every 3 to 6 months, my primary doctor neglected to find out through all his blood work on me, that I am now functioning with only one kidney. I suffer from high blood pressure, which has not been really controlled with medicines. It was not until three to six months ago that I went to a nephrologist and urologist that my right kidney had kidney stones, on it, and now is to working at all. So I am not working with one kidney, my blood pressure is high when I wake up in the morning, and none of my medicines work anymore. I am waiting to go to my nephrologist to see what he can do to control my blood pressure, my primary has basically said it is not his problem anymore, that I need to follow up with a specialist.

Comment from: Betty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

The symptoms of my kidney disease were a burning in only one kidney. There is always blood in my urine. Sometimes I can see a large amount. I can also feel an irritation in my urethra. There is no infection with this. I also have a soreness in my kidney area only on the right side.

Hypertensive Kidney Disease - Experiences Question: Please share your experiences of hypertensive kidney disease.
Hypertensive Kidney Disease - Hypertension Symptoms Question: What symptoms of hypertension did you experience with hypertensive kidney disease?
Hypertensive Kidney Disease - Medications Question: What medications have been effective for treating hypertensive kidney disease?