Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your kidney cancer?

Comment from: Age 70, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

My cardiologist ordered an echocardiogram of my heart, my heart was OK, but the technician noted that there was a spot on my left kidney. I saw my urologist who ordered a CAT scan, and it reflected a tumor 1.2cm (0.47 inches), on my left kidney, that did not appear to have invaded the interior of the kidney. I go in February 19th, for cryogenic (freezing) surgery for the removal of the tumor. I am just thankful (and lucky) that my cardiologist ordered an echocardiogram (my last was 5 years ago), and that the technician spotted the tumor on my left kidney! Full recovery is anticipated.

Kidney Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Did you have any risk factors for kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Diagnosis Question: How was your kidney cancer diagnosed?
Kidney Cancer - Follow-up Care Question: What type of follow-up care have you, a friend, or relative received for kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Renal Cell Carcinoma Question: Please share your experience with renal cell carcinoma.