Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your kidney cancer?

Comment from: bodgie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 12

I have extreme night sweet's and get very tired and short of breath when doing menial tasks, I tend to fall to sleep when relaxed that could be any time of the day, I did not rely have any other symptoms my doctor sent me for a CT can and an ultra sound. They both found a 5cm tumor in my left kidney as it is quite large my urologist is now arranging for the kidney to be removed. I now tell anyone do not ignore anything, All I did was sweet without reason, there is always a reason.

Comment from: macpub123, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

Acute pain in the lower abdomen. Admitted to a pvt hospital. A large tumor on the right kidney with metastasis to lungs etc. A small incision near the lungs and water accumulated in the lungs taken out. Some drying agent administered. It was preliminary to surgery. Patient got him discharged and to a specialty cancer Hospital at Mumbai. Nephrectomy done followed by molecular targeted therapy. 5 course pf Sutent 10 for 28 days each already undergone. Patient advised to take 2 bottles of blood. Taken. Soon after the patient was seen discharging blood with stool. Even vomited blood once. Taken to local hospital . 12 bottles of blood injected. It was due to infection of Piles. Now admitted into another hospital. Endoscopy as well as colonoscopy done. Doctor in attendance is suggesting to change the drugs to Nexavar. We have been asked to take call by Tuesday 23 Aug. For Piles treatment a gastroenterologist has been requisitioned.

Comment from: Freda, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 16

My kidney with cancer was removed leaving the one which seems healthy.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

My cancer was found by accident. I was having my gallbladder remomved and a radiologist took a x-ray for the doctor. He noticed something on my kidney in the exray. The doctor did a biopsy and it was a cancerous tumor. He did surgery that removed my tumor and 10 percent of my kidney. The cure was surgery for me. That was 8 years ago.

Kidney Cancer - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms of kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Prognosis Question: What is the prognosis for your kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Risk Factors Question: What risk factors did you or someone you know have for kidney cancer?
Kidney Cancer - Diagnosis Question: How was your kidney cancer diagnosed?
Kidney Cancer - Follow-up Care Question: What type of follow-up care have you, a friend, or relative received for kidney cancer?