- Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Prognosis
- Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Treatment
- Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Diagnosis
- Patient Comments: Kidney Cancer - Follow-up Care
- Find a local Oncologist in your town
- Kidney cancer facts*
- What are the kidneys?
- What is cancer?
- What are kidney cancer causes and risk factors?
- What are kidney cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is kidney cancer diagnosed?
- How is kidney cancer staging determined?
- What are kidney cancer treatments?
- Targeted therapy for kidney cancer
- Biological therapy for kidney cancer
- Second opinion for kidney cancer
- Nutrition during kidney cancer treatment
- What follow-up care is needed after kidney cancer treatment?
- Where can people with kidney cancer find support?
- Taking part in cancer research
Quick GuideCancer 101 Pictures Slideshow: A Visual Guide to Understanding Cancer
What are kidney cancer symptoms and signs?
Common symptoms of kidney cancer include:
- Blood in the urine (making the urine slightly rusty to deep red)
- Pain in your side that doesn't go away
- A lump or mass in the side or the abdomen
- Weight loss for no known reason
- Feeling very tired
These symptoms may be caused by kidney cancer or by other health problems, such as an infection or a kidney cyst. People with these symptoms should tell their doctor so that any problem can be diagnosed and treated as early as possible.