Ketoprofen (Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron brands have been discontinued) is a NSAID prescribed to treat inflammation and pain caused by menstrual cramps, types of arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and other causes of mild to moderate pain. Side effects, drug interactions, storage, dosing, and breastfeeding and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- Rheumatoid arthritis vs. osteoarthritis
- What are causes and risk factors of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs? What does rheumatoid arthritis feel like?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are the stages of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis? What types of medications treat RA?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are tips for living with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What specialists treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What new information about RA has come from the 2015 national meeting of the American College of Rheumatology?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
In This Article
Shoulder and Neck Pain Article
- What is shoulder and neck pain?
- What causes shoulder and neck pain?
- What are the symptoms and signs of shoulder and neck pain?
- When should I seek medical care?
- How is shoulder and neck pain diagnosed?
- How can I take care of shoulder and neck pain at home?
- How is shoulder and neck pain treated medically?
- What is the follow-up for shoulder and neck pain?
- How can I prevent shoulder and neck pain?
- What is the prognosis for shoulder and neck pain?
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »