Ketoprofen (Note: This branded product is no longer on the market [Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron]) is a NSAID (nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug) prescribed for pain from inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Ketoprofen is also prescribed for menstrual craps and mild to moderate pain. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings and precautions, and safety during pregnancy information should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- meloxicam, Mobic
- tramadol, Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
In This Article
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Article
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) facts
- What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?
- What are causes and risk factors of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What are rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and signs?
- What are complications of rheumatoid arthritis?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis?
- What is the treatment for rheumatoid arthritis?
- "First-line" rheumatoid arthritis medications
- "Second-line" or "slow-acting" rheumatoid arthritis drugs (disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs or DMARDs)
- What are newer rheumatoid arthritis treatments?
- Rheumatoid arthritis diet, exercise, home remedies, and alternative medicine
- What about rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) for patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent rheumatoid arthritis?
- What research is being done on rheumatoid arthritis?
- Where can people get additional information on rheumatoid arthritis?
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Acute injuries, medical conditions, and chronic use conditions are causes of knee pain. Symptoms and signs that accompany knee...learn more »
In This Article
Neck Pain (Cervical Pain) Article
- What is neck pain? What are causes and risk
factors for neck pain?
- What are other symptoms that are associated with neck pain?
- What are the structures of the neck?
- How is neck pain diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for neck pain? What are home remedies for neck pain?
- What is the prognosis for neck pain?
- Is it possible to prevent neck pain?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »