Ketoprofen (Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron brands have been discontinued) is a NSAID prescribed to treat inflammation and pain caused by menstrual cramps, types of arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and other causes of mild to moderate pain. Side effects, drug interactions, storage, dosing, and breastfeeding and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
Ankle pain is commonly due to a sprain or tendinitis. The severity of ankle sprains ranges from mild (which can resolve within...learn more »
In This Article
Ankle Pain Article
- Ankle pain and ankle tendinitis facts
- How is the ankle designed, and what is the ankle's function?
- What causes ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- What injuries can cause ankle pain,
and how are they treated?
- What diseases and conditions can cause ankle pain, and how are they treated?
- What are associated symptoms and signs of ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- How are ankle pain and ankle tendinitis diagnosed?
- What is the prognosis for ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent ankle pain and ankle tendinitis?
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »
Calcific bursitis is the calcification of the bursa caused by chronic inflammation of the bursa. Calcific bursitis most commonly...learn more »
In This Article
Calcific Bursitis Article
- What is calcific bursitis?
- What are causes and risk factors for calcific bursitis?
- What are symptoms and signs of calcific bursitis?
- How is calcific bursitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment of calcific bursitis?
- What is the prognosis of calcific bursitis?
- Can calcific bursitis be prevented?