Ketoconazole (Nizoral, Extina, Xolegel, Kuric) is an anti-fungal medication prescribed to treat fungal infections such as thrush, ringworm, jock itch, athlete's foot, dandruff, tinea versicolor, blastomycosis, histoplasmosis, and coccidiomycosis. Side effects and drug interactions should be reviewed prior to taking this medication.
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...learn more »
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...learn more »
In This Article
Jock Itch Article
- Jock itch facts
- What is jock itch? What does jock itch look like?
- What causes jock itch?
- Who gets jock itch?
- What are jock itch symptoms and signs?
- Does jock itch affect the entire body?
- How is jock itch diagnosed?
- Which physicians diagnose and treat jock itch?
- Is jock itch curable? Is jock itch contagious?
- What are possible complications of jock itch?
- What is the treatment for jock itch?
- What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
- What holistic jock itch treatments are available?
- How do I treat fungal jock itch?
- How do I treat bacterial jock itch?
- How is itching from jock itch treated?
- What is the best drug for jock itch?
- Why is my groin still discolored?
- What is the prognosis with jock itch?
- When should someone call a doctor about jock itch?
- Is it possible to prevent jock itch?
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...learn more »
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...learn more »
Tinea versicolor is a fungus infection that mainly affects the skin of young people. Recognized by light or reddish brown spots,...learn more »
In This Article
Tinea Versicolor Article
- Tinea versicolor facts
- What is tinea versicolor? What are symptoms and signs of tinea versicolor?
- What causes tinea versicolor?
- What other conditions resemble tinea versicolor?
- How is tinea versicolor diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for tinea versicolor?
- What is the prognosis of tinea versicolor?
- Can tinea versicolor be prevented?