Kernicterus Related Diseases & Conditions
Medical conditions are often related to other diseases and conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to the topic of Kernicterus. These conditions may be a cause or symptom of Kernicterus or be a condition for which you may be at increased risk.
Toxoplasmosis (toxo) is a parasitic infection that causes flulike symptoms, swollen lymph nodes, and muscle aches and pains that...learn more »
In This Article
- Toxoplasmosis facts
- What is toxoplasmosis?
- What is the cause of toxoplasmosis?
- What factors increase the risk of acquiring toxo?
- What are the usual symptoms of toxoplasmosis?
- Why do some people develop severe problems from toxo?
- Can toxoplasmosis develop into a more serious illness in babies?
- What is meant by a baby developing "a more severe case of toxo"?
- How is toxo diagnosed in the lab?
- How can toxoplasmosis be prevented?
- Am I able to keep my cat?
- Once infected with toxo, is my cat always able to spread the infection to me?
- What is the treatment for toxoplasmosis?
- What is the prognosis for toxoplasmosis?
In This Article
Newborn Jaundice (Neonatal Jaundice) Article
- Jaundice definition
- Jaundice in newborns (neonatal jaundice)
- What causes jaundice in newborns?
- Physiologic jaundice
- Maternal-fetal blood group incompatibility (Rh, ABO)
- Breast milk jaundice
- Breastfeeding jaundice
- Cephalohematoma (a collection of blood under the scalp)
- Red blood cell enzyme defects
- Red blood cell membrane defects
- What are the
symptoms of jaundice in newborns?
- What are the risk factors for jaundice in newborns?
- How is jaundice in newborns diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for jaundice in newborns?
- What are the complications of jaundice in newborns?
- Can jaundice in newborns be prevented?
- What is the prognosis of jaundice in newborns?