Patient Comments: Keratitis - Treatment

What treatments, medications, or therapies did you receive for your keratitis?

Comment from: joeavi59, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

I have had keratitis for over a month now. I have seen 2 different eye surgeons and have been taking steroid eye drops and antibiotics also but nothing has worked so far. My eye feels like it is on fire and I have a hard time driving because of the sensitivity to light. I am scheduled to see this doctor again on Monday. I hope that they find a solution to this aggravating condition, this keratitis is no joke. I got this after I had brain surgery a month ago. This is worse than the surgery itself.

Comment from: Louise1980, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had keratitis last October which took about a month to get better. Since then my eyes are constantly red and sore. I can't wear my contact lenses or eye make-up. They feel gritty and dry all the time. I went to see the eye specialist again this week and was told my eyes are very unhealthy and has given me a course of medication and asked me to go back to talk about a long term plan.

Keratitis - Types Question: What type of keratitis were you diagnosed with? Please share your experience.
Keratitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with your keratitis.
Keratitis - Risk Factors Question: If known, what was the cause of your keratitis? Discuss any risk factors that may have predisposed you to it.