Patient Comments: Keratitis - Risk Factors

If known, what was the cause of your keratitis? Discuss any risk factors that may have predisposed you to it.

Comment from: Flash, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I don"t know the cause of my keratitis and my doctor couldn"t figure it out. We discussed the possibility that my Hashimoto"s thyroiditis might be causing inflammation in my eyes since 3% of Hashimoto"s patients have related eye problems. (The percentage is much higher for Graves' disease patients, like my son, who gets bulging eyes from his autoimmune disease.) Other risk factors could be my dry eye syndrome, allergic conjunctivitis, and pterygium.

Keratitis - Types Question: What type of keratitis were you diagnosed with? Please share your experience.
Keratitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with your keratitis.
Keratitis - Treatment Question: What treatments, medications, or therapies did you receive for your keratitis?