Patient Comments: Keratitis - Signs and Symptoms

Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with your keratitis.

Comment from: Anonymous, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 12

I was diagnosed with keratitis from my ophthalmologist today. I awoke this morning and out my contacts in my eyes and noticed a little drying in my eyes and what appeared to be a film that coated both eyes. I left for work and noticed my vision "cloudy" or being hazy. It was almost like you were standing in the middle of a room when someone had burned something on the stove in the kitchen. I tried taken my contacts out and cleaning the lenses but the cloudy, hazy effect remained the same. I went to my eye doctor that evening and he said it was a moderate case of keratitis and that it may have been due to the over wear of my contacts and have somehow contaminated the lenses I had just replaced a week and a half ago. Now I am unable to wear my contact lenses for a week and was prescribed prescription eye drops.

Comment from: Flash, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

With my current limbic keratitis, I had fairly quick onset of redness, burning, stinging, tearing and sensitivity to light. Because of past problems I"ve had with conjunctival and corneal issues, I called my doctor right away and was able to be seen the same day. My ophthalmologist is a cornea specialist.

Comment from: HappyMommy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

My symptoms for keratitis did not include itching at the beginning. I woke up with some dull headache and my right eye felt swollen. I could not open my eyes in brightly lit rooms and couldn't stare at anything that radiated light. My eye was quite teary and it was as though some foreign little object was in it. It itched from time to time but was not that often.

Keratitis - Types Question: What type of keratitis were you diagnosed with? Please share your experience.
Keratitis - Risk Factors Question: If known, what was the cause of your keratitis? Discuss any risk factors that may have predisposed you to it.
Keratitis - Treatment Question: What treatments, medications, or therapies did you receive for your keratitis?