Patient Comments: Keratitis - Types

What type of keratitis were you diagnosed with? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Cidjey Sy Leeviou, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

Yesterday I was sent home from work because my right eye blurred and was painful when exposed to wind/light/water. The clinic nurse noticed an abrasion in the form of the white spot within my iris. I consulted an ophthalmologist a while ago, and was diagnosed of having a keratitis due to wearing of contact lens. I was subjected to 5 days home rest. I'm still suffering from pain over my right eye; a lesson for contact lens wearers.

Comment from: Flash, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I saw my ophthalmologist yesterday for limbic keratitis in my left eye. I"ve had dry eye syndrome and allergic conjunctivitis for about 10 years and use artificial tears regularly. I"ve also had superior limbic keratoconjuctivitis and was treated with prednisone drops. I have bilateral pterygia and underwent surgery to remove the pterygium in my right eye about a year ago. The left eye has both temporal and nasal side pterygium that isn"t extensive enough for surgery yet. I never dreamed I would be experiencing so much difficulty with my vision!

Comment from: Nellie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I had shingles on my head which got into my left eye. My vision in the eye became very blurry, like looking through a very dirty window. I now have to take oral antiviral medication and steroid eye drops long term, as I am also taking immunosuppressants for another chronic condition. But it is worth it to preserve my eyesight. The eye has cleared compared to what it was before, but if I neglect the eye drops it starts to cloud again.

Comment from: twill51, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I went to eye doctor, thinking I had something in my eye, it was red, teary and painful. I was diagnosed with dendritic keratitis, and I'm on a topical anti-viral drops and an oral anti-biotic, returning in 5 days for a follow-up. After reading several articles I am glad I didn't wait till the eye felt better. But it was scary as well.

Comment from: Sandra, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I was diagnosed with superficial keratitis. Symptoms included stabbing pain (above eye), a very red eye, periorbital swelling, and tearing. I also had significant sensitivity to sunlight. I had two areas of keratitis in one eye, likely caused by over wearing soft contact lenses.

Keratitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with your keratitis.
Keratitis - Risk Factors Question: If known, what was the cause of your keratitis? Discuss any risk factors that may have predisposed you to it.
Keratitis - Treatment Question: What treatments, medications, or therapies did you receive for your keratitis?