Patient Comments: Keloid - Body Location

If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located?

Comment from: HenriettaN, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I have keloid on my chest. I have done 6 sessions of steroid injection which weren't that bad because of the location. The pain is manageable. My scar is now flat and not itching anymore. I now use the silicon sheet called Medical (over the counter at Walmart) on the keloid 24 hours a day, hopefully to make the scar looks less noticeable. I guess you have to be patient about it. I also have another keloid on my navel dues to a colonoscopy. This one is very ugly and painful at time. I have tried some injections in the past, but I stopped and it is kind of growing again. I have been using the silicon sheet and it helped somewhat. I still think injection with steroid is the fastest way to flatten these scars.

Comment from: lovely me, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I have keloid and it is on my chest. I have had it now for 12 years and every year it gets bigger, and it itches at times.

Comment from: johnson, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I had knee replacement, and the keloid is inside the left side of the knee. I had some scar tissue removed but the knee still buckles, and gets hot.

Comment from: worried patient, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a big scar (keloid) on my ear lobe. I met with my doctor and he administered cortisone injection to it about 4 months back. Now he wants to adopt the surgical method, and I am scared of the surgical method because of its disadvantages. I don't know if it will be safe to use the method without the keloid reoccurring again, I am really scared.

Comment from: Indpendnt27, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I have keloids on the back of my right and left shoulder.

Comment from: BATUEL, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 15

I have keloids on my chest and are itching too bad, but I haven't taken any medication or injection.

Comment from: RAMANA, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 06

I have a keloids in the chest, around 10 or 12.

Comment from: nickeltherapy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

This July I had a full 360 lower body lift after losing nearly 160 pounds following a Lap Band surgery 3 years ago. As the 360 sounds, they do cut you all the way around to remove the excess skin and fat (27 pounds in my case), and pull up the lower muscles, while pulling down the upper making a nice flat tummy. About a week afterwards, I developed a small wound dehiscence that gradually grew to be 8 x 3 cm - my incision opened right along my buttock incision! Now, I have a terrible keloid that we are attempting to heal with injecting corticosteroids, but it is painful, itches, and cracks all the time. I cannot wear any of the new jeans, pants that I bought (went from a size 28 to size 10), and feel very depressed.

Comment from: Ktlvsjer07, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have keloids all over my face, my back and a big one on each earlobe. I have had surgery on them both 3 times, they grew back a month later. I just wish I had regular ears. I am still kind of young and I have been like this since I was 8 years old. I am wondering are these keloids going to keep growing all over my face. One more thing is the keloids on my ears are cracking and splitting open. I am not doing anything but they are growing bigger when they do that. I don't know what to do anymore with these keloids, I have tried everything.

Keloid - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your keloid?
Keloid - Causes Question: What caused your keloid(s)?
Keloid - Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your keloid.
Keloid - Body Piercings Question: Did you develop a keloid after a body piercing? Please share your experience.
Keloid - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with keloids.