Patient Comments: Keloid - Body Location

If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located?

Comment from: nickeltherapy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

This July I had a full 360 lower body lift after losing nearly 160 pounds following a Lap Band surgery 3 years ago. As the 360 sounds, they do cut you all the way around to remove the excess skin and fat (27 pounds in my case), and pull up the lower muscles, while pulling down the upper making a nice flat tummy. About a week afterwards, I developed a small wound dehiscence that gradually grew to be 8 x 3 cm - my incision opened right along my buttock incision! Now, I have a terrible keloid that we are attempting to heal with injecting corticosteroids, but it is painful, itches, and cracks all the time. I cannot wear any of the new jeans, pants that I bought (went from a size 28 to size 10), and feel very depressed.

Comment from: Ktlvsjer07, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I have keloids all over my face, my back and a big one on each earlobe. I have had surgery on them both 3 times, they grew back a month later. I just wish I had regular ears. I am still kind of young and I have been like this since I was 8 years old. I am wondering are these keloids going to keep growing all over my face. One more thing is the keloids on my ears are cracking and splitting open. I am not doing anything but they are growing bigger when they do that. I don't know what to do anymore with these keloids, I have tried everything.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I do have a keloid that developed on the back of my ear one year after the piercing. I went through a minor surgery 12.13.2012. Now it has grown back again and it itches a lot.

Comment from: Samm, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have a keloid under my right arm, just below the arm pit.

Comment from: Dot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

Every operation I have had, I developed a keloid – even sinus surgery, with an entrance above my eye under the eyebrow about ½-inch long. After the surgery, the skin started drawing and pulling toward the corner of my eye and down my nose. After three more surgeries and numerous injections of steroids, it finally healed, leaving me with a long scar – but luckily, not red. That was 12 years ago, and I am expecting to have surgery on the other side of my sinuses soon. My new doctor has been made aware of my skin problems. Wish me luck.

Comment from: natalia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I had an operation and had a bikini C-section. Now the scar is growing, and it really itches. My worry is what it going on inside.

Comment from: allstr158, Male (Patient) Published: April 26

I have severe keloids on my jawline, chest, and beneath my earlobes.

Comment from: crxken, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I had very bad acne as a teenager and still am dealing with it off and on. I had acne on my chest and those seemed to spread and grow into the current big red keloids on my chest today. All I remember about them is that they were really itchy. After that, they developed into keloids, and they are still there. I've had them since I was 18, and I'm really considering having some corticosteroids injected. My friend had that done and it subsided, but not by much.

Keloid - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your keloid?
Keloid - Causes Question: What caused your keloid(s)?
Keloid - Symptoms Question: Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your keloid.
Keloid - Body Piercings Question: Did you develop a keloid after a body piercing? Please share your experience.
Keloid - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with keloids.