Patient Comments: Keloid - Symptoms

Describe the signs and symptoms associated with your keloid.

Comment from: aiysha, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I had a surgery in May of 2013 (rib area) and had a chest tube. Both have developed into keloids. The chest tube site looks kind of like two closed eyelids and the incision looks like an earth worm. Both itch a lot and are a little tender; kind of ugly but could be worse.

Comment from: Cravo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I recently had a skin biopsy on my left shoulder and straight away I noticed the redness once my stitches were removed, did not seem to go away like the two biopsies I had before following bowenoid keratosis. The redness is still there having had the stitches removed six months ago. I get a burning sensation and it now feels like there are bubbles under my skin which itch me constantly for some reason worse at night. I have to make sure to watch what I wear as certain fabrics make it worse, it"s driving me insane. I am 30 years of age with medium skin tone.

Comment from: jimbb, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 11

I have two large keloids under both of my armpits and several on my chest. They are so painful. I have to wear clothes that are very large to avoid any contact with them. I am in constant pain, especially from the ones under my arms.

Comment from: FlyingEye, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I have numerous keloids that itch almost constantly and there is stabbing pain without warning or cause. I also have them on my breasts. To avoid false positives the radiologist must landmark each one, as they appear as masses on a mammogram.

Comment from: Siyabonga, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 20

My keloid is dome shaped and itching inside. It on my right earlobe and is red in color.

Comment from: ladykimmie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I cut my thumb, it took 8 stitches to close. During healing, my skin developed keloid and looks terrible.

Comment from: triplea512, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My signs of a keloid were just some red pimples, that of course I popped not knowing that they were keloids.

Comment from: Katy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I got third degree burns on my upper arm near the arm pit area on the inside where the skin seems lighter. After the burn mark healed over, it made a keloid. The skin was very red and raised up nearly an inch! The doctor sliced it off. I still have the nasty scar. It has actually raised again somewhat. I don't touch it!

Comment from: Asito, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

A lumpy keloid by my upper jaw, close to my right ear, scratches me, now two years.

Keloid - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your keloid?
Keloid - Causes Question: What caused your keloid(s)?
Keloid - Body Piercings Question: Did you develop a keloid after a body piercing? Please share your experience.
Keloid - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with keloids.
Keloid - Body Location Question: If you had a keloid, where on your body was it located?