- Urinary Incontinence in Women Slideshow Pictures
- Urinary Incontinence in Men Slideshow Pictures
- Food & Drinks That Make You Gotta Go Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: Kegel Exercises for Men - Benefits
- Patient Comments: Kegel Exercises for Men - Results
- Find a local Urologist in your town
How long does it take to see results from Kegel exercises?
Results such as improved urinary continence are commonly experienced within three to six weeks of regularly performing Kegel exercises. As with any exercise routine, the key to obtaining results quickly depends on efficient, targeted, and frequent exercise techniques.
"Kegel (Pelvic Floor Muscle) Exercises." Urology Care Foundation. April 2013.
Baum, N., et al. "Urinary incontinence. Not a 'normal' part of aging." Postgraduate Medicine 90.2 (1991): 99-102, 107-109.
Halvorsen, J. G. and M. E. Metz. "Sexual dysfunction, Part II: Diagnosis, management, and prognosis." The Journal of the American Board of Family Practice 5.2 (1992): 177-192.
McConnell, E. A. "Teaching a patient to perform Kegel exercises." Nursing 23.8 (1993): 90.
Park, S. W., et al. "Recovery of overall exercise ability, quality of life, and continence after 12-week combined exercise intervention in elderly patients who underwent radical prostatectomy: a randomized controlled study." Urology 80.2 (2012): 299-305.