Patient Comments: Juvenile Arthritis - Symptoms

Question:What were the symptoms associated with juvenile arthritis in you or your child?

Comment from: twinzmom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

As a child I had a hard lump on one ankle (felt like bone), it was operated on and at that time it was determined to be related to JRA (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis). It returned and has been there since. My symptoms included severe pain and swelling in both knees. Throughout elementary school I was often unable to participate in gym class and I took coated aspirin around the clock. I'm now in my early 40s and flare-ups are rare, though I recently have some slight curvature in the top joints of my pinkies and ring fingers.

Comment from: Em, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

The symptoms are tiredness, high fever (104 or greater), whelps (all over the body including in ears and on head), joint swelling, tenderness and pain in the elbow.

Juvenile Arthritis - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your juvenile arthritis?
Juvenile Arthritis - Type Question: What type of arthritis does your child have? Please share your experience.